Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Today was Nylas ENT appointment. He wants her to have a CT scan of her sinuses before taking her tonsils and adenoids out. Her CT scan is scheduled for Friday morning at 8:30 am; now lets just hope she holds still so she doesnt have to be sedated!!

Nyla had a lung x-ray when she seen the pulmonologist in January, and it came back normal. The ENT said that since her x-ray was normal he doesnt think she has CF or PCD, but if removing her tonsils and adenoids doesnt help, then we will look more into those 2 issues. She hadnt gained anything since we were there last. He is optimistic that this surgery will help with her growth, and I really hope he is right. She is so tiny.

So, for now we wait for the CT scan and results and he will schedule her surgery from there. Hopefully this will be the END of her issues.

Nylas episodes of 'mom I cant breathe' are coming more frequent and I have no idea why. She HATES nebulizer treatments, so when she comes and asks me for one I know she is uncomfortable. We are diligent about her preventative care but I feel terrible when she has these episodes. The breathing treatments work well so far; we havent had to take her to the hospital since January, so Im thankful for that.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh you guys have been through so much!! I hope things start looking up soon!! Give Nyla a hug for me!!

    ReplyDelete